Tuesday 3 April 2012

GODZONE - Here we come!

Team Mountain Designs decided to do a bit of final Navigation preparation for GODZONE, by having a crack at the "Fooling  Around" Rogaine at Bunyaville on the 1st April....Gary, Sloshy and Robbie cleared the course with 15 secs to spare to take out the event, whilst Kim teamed up with a few "Vinatage Cowgirls" to take out the "Veteran and Open Women's Category.....

Godzone - here we come!
Since then we have been madly packing and sorting our gear for the event, and charging up our Ay Up Lights - thanks to Andy Fellows for the team extra's. Our sponsors Mountain Designs, Salomon, Hammer Nutrition and Tri Adventure, have certainly geared us up for the event......but the challenge is trying to pack it all into two boxes to fly across the Tasman without too much excess baggage!

So I have a special list - this is one I have devised especially for GODZONE! It is better than a typed one, because I can add to it at any time, and if the printer decides not to work......it doesn't mater, because I have the list! I colour code it like I colour code the legs of the event, why....I have no idea but it seems to work for me! It also helps us to remind each other of things we may almost forget......like a PASSPORT!!!! Yes it almost slipped my mind....but lucky for the list.....Hey Robbie!

We arrive in beautiful Queenstown tomorrow - Wednesday 4th April. Official Race starts Monday 9th April. Check out our progress at  http://www.godzoneadventure.com/live-coverage/     

No comments:

Post a Comment